Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Boating out on Geist Resevoir




We are very fortunate to have friends like Bruce here in Indiana. He has graciously taken Trav, the kids, and me out on his boat on several occasions.  The kids just love it, I think almost as much as I do! Well, since the first time we went, both kids tried tubing with us.  Trasan was 4 and Sierra was 2. This year, Trasan thought he was big enough to go alone and thus did. It is a freaky feeling to watch your 5 year old, 100 feet away from you floating on a small tube.  He loves it and uses the hand signals like a pro! "Thumb up" is his most common signal, meaning FASTER!! He enjoys it as long as there aren't a lot of big bumps! Now me on the other hand, am a FREAK! I love it as crazy and wild as can be. I hold on for dear life and just get a rush like no other! Now that I am stronger, I can hold on for quite some time.  Recently, I was on for too long, so Bruce had to break out his insane spin and send me soaring across the water like a pebble being skipped across a lake. Ok, have to admit...that one hurt!! I was done after that! I had bruises that lasted for two weeks and whiplash. I ended up going to the chiro and getting a massage to help with the soarness! Yikes!  But wouldn't have it any other way! What can I say! I love speed! Thus the rollercoaster, waterpark, snowboarding, biking, ziplining, skiing, rollerblading,  off roading, jetskiing, motorcylce attraction, I love it all!! But why is it when my own husband wants a motorcycle, it just seems scary? I am sure we will own a motorcycle one of these days. I am just not ready! 

I tried to post the video of Trasan tubing but I couldn't get it to work. Darn it! I will have to figure out this blogging a bit more.



No comments: