Sunday, September 14, 2008

September 14, 2008


Well, I will give this a try and make it like a diary of some sort. I have noticed it is a popular thing to do and my dad and stepmom have started this for their travels. It is a nice way to check in with what is new with each other (especially when it is too late or early to call).  

Here we are in mid September already! I just can't believe it!! We had a fabulous summer in San Diego for a whole month. I got some wonderful girl time on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas while the kids stayed with grandma. Travis was at home in Indy working, the poor guy. He is getting ansy for a vacation. So we decided to not go back to SD this winter and do a family trip somewhere.  It will be hard for me to not be back to San Diego until June of 2009! That will be a year for me!! Fortunately, Fishers is feeling more and more like home with each passing day. We have really settled into the life here and have so many wonderful friends.  I am truly blessed by our move. 

Trasan started kindergarten last month and loves it. He is a little sponge who remembers everything he learns. It is crazy! His new teacher is a doll, very young and energetic.  Like most kids, he loves her and we are happy with her too. I have been in twice to help already and as Trasan tells me, "You are the only one who has come to help so far." Not sure how I should take that! =) We still call him our little turtle, since he does everything at his own SLOW speed. It just drives Travis and me crazy, but hey he is who he is! Funny how it is slow enough to even bug Mr. Slow Travis. =)  He is in tball with his sister and has shown a bit more interest that two years ago, but still not his "thing."  He enjoys swimming much more and is back in lessons too.

Sierra continues to be our princess! She is such a good little helper and wants to do everything her brother does, thus the tball and swim lessons together. She says she is ready for gymnastics now though and not dance again.  She has had no issues with Trasan being in school and just can't wait for her day to be in kindergarten. We did have a horrible fiasco last month with lice in her hair!!! It was just horrible, got close to shaving her! Thank God we didn't have to, but Trasan got shaved! It was right after the mohawk from the Rock Party we had for our birthdays, so no biggie. Her personality differs from Trasan so much, as we find ourselves saying "Oh my goodness!" She is such a handful at times, much more so than Trasan. We had to go into the whole "lying" lesson way earlier than we did with Trasan. She is too smart and catches on quickly though. 

Travis continues to work for Symitar in San Diego and spends his days at home in his office or on the phone with conference calls. He tolerates it but isn't his dream job. He is traveling twice this month for work, TX and NY.  We have started some real estate stuff on the side and hope that in time it will pay off. We purchased an investment property in Ohio for starters. Travis' mom is seriously considering moving out here and keeps telling us to find her a place. 

I continue to spend most of my days with the kids, exercising, or cleaning.  That is pretty much the life of a stay at home mom and I LOVE IT!!! I wouldn't have it any other way!! Ok, maybe with more money! My 4th triathlon is this coming weekend!  I am so proud of how I have stuck to being healthy and strong.  I feel even better than I did in high school. I teach aerobics twice a week, translate for the school district from time to time, and sub for Fit Biz as needed.  Any little extra money helps, and it is fun for me.  I'm still pretty busy with the local Mom's Club and have made many close friends thru it as well as from the YMCA. So that is about it right now! I will try to post once or twice a month as I see fit. Enjoy your last few days of summer!!

1 comment:

The Liller Family said...

Welcome to blogworld my friend! It's a great addition to FB - especially for out of town friends and family who would never dream of having a FB or MySpace account!!! See ya Thursday!